MACo’s Winter Conference is December 7-9, 2016 and it’s better than ever. An expanded exhibit hall, more content on Wednesday, and deeper opportunities to connect with Maryland’s government decision-makers make this a can’t-miss event.
The theme will focus on how counties can prepare to best serve and protect their residents across many different areas of county service – from budgeting to infrastructure to emergency management, there will be something here for everyone!
More details on the schedule and descriptions of the sessions will be available soon, but check out these session titles for a taste of what we have planned:
Academy for Excellence in Local Governance Core Sessions:
(open to all conference registrants!)
Wednesday Special Sessions:
- Active Shooter Defense: What You Need to Know
- County Elected Officials Roundtable Discussions
- The Power and Perils of Public Health
- #LIFT4MD: Local Infrastructure Funding Today!
- 2017 Maryland General Assembly Session Forecast
- Session 2017: Path to Success – A Review of MACo’s 2017 Initiatives & Strategy
- Healthy Employees, Healthy Counties
- A Leg to Stand On – Who Can Challenge Local Zoning?
- Budgeting for Bust or Boom
- Breaking Cycles and Building Bonds from Behind Bars…
- The Tides, They Are A-Changing: Preparing for Sea Level Rise
- BATter Up! Understanding the BAT Septic Issue
- Sowing the Seeds for Strong Communities
- Cannabis in the Workplace: Clearing the Haze
- Winter Is Coming: Fortify Your County’s Shelters for Frosty Weather
- Fighting Fire with Fiber?
- Reconomics 101: Local Parks Yield Big Returns
- The New Wild Wild West? Energy & Open Space
- Learn to Save a Life – Naloxone Training for Opioid Overdoses
- Hands Only CPR Training
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: