The Juvenile Grant Planning and Review Council, or “Juvenile Council”, Maryland’s State Advisory Group (SAG) is looking to add new members.
The SAG serves as the voice of juvenile justice in Maryland.
Members’ responsibilities and roles:
- Advise the Governor and Legislature on compliance with the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act
- Obtain input from juveniles in the system through different outreach methods (i.e. focus groups, surveys, tours, etc.)
- Review and comment on grant proposals and monitor programs
- Attend bi-monthly meetings and participate in subcommittees
- Participate in the development of the three year plan
The Maryland State Advisory Group is currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Representatives of public agencies concerned with juvenile delinquency prevention or treatment in the areas of recreation and special education (2 seats available)
- Persons with special experience and competence in addressing problems related to learning disabilities emotional difficulties, child abuse and neglect, and youth violence
- Representatives of private nonprofit organizations, including persons concerned with education
- Emerging leaders (ages 18-24) who have had personal involvement with the juvenile justice system (2 seats available)
Applications are due May 1, 2016.
If interested in applying contact Jessica Wheeler, Director of Juvenile Justice, Governor’s Office of Crime Control & Prevention at email@example.com.
For more information read the SAG Recruitment Flyer.