In a special video, students thank County Commissioners for Opportunity Scholarships to Allegany College.
In the season of Thanksgiving, Allegany County students offered their Commissioners a sincere thanks in a video message. According to Allegany College, each of the students in the video is a resident of Allegany County and has benefited from the Opportunity Scholarship.
Funds for the Opportunity Scholarships are provided from a portion of Allegany County Government’s share –2.25 percent –of the annual gross revenue generated by the video lottery machines at Rocky Gap Casino Resort. The county commissioners designated 70 percent of this revenue for the Allegany County Opportunity Scholarship –45 percent for ACM and 25 percent for FSU.
Student in the video represent the Allegany College student body which is made up of:
- credit and workforce development students;
- traditional and non-traditional students;
- public school, private school, home-schooled, and GED graduates;
- students returning to ACM after earning a four-year degree to get specialized training for employment; and
- first-generation college students.
As shared by the College in a message accompanying the video,
Please know that your support and investment does make a difference. We appreciate your vital role in helping to ensure the success of our students.
For more information, see our previous post, First Allegany County Opportunity Scholarships Awarded to ACM, FSU Students.