The Eastern Shore Land Conservancy is holding its 16th Eastern Shore Planning Conference: Powering Our Renewable Energy Future on Thursday, November 19th, 2015, at the Tidewater Inn in Easton, MD. Early bird/member registration rate is only $45!
The Eastern Shore has the potential to be the undisputed leader in Maryland’s renewable energy future. Locally generated renewable energy holds a promise of future resilience and prosperity when it balances the expense to resources like tillable acreage, wildlife habitat, and rural vistas. How can the Eastern Shore’s communities and industries benefit from affordable renewable energy while maintaining its rural landscapes and independent character?
The conference seeks to understand:
- What renewable energy technologies are available today
- What emerging technologies exist
- How can renewable energy properly fit into a rural landscape
- How can rural industries, like agriculture, take advantage of renewable energy technologies
- How can broader renewable energy adoption help make communities more resilient and add to the rural independent character of the region
- How can residents and communities participate in the benefits of renewable energy