At the MACo Summer Conference session “Build It and They Will Come: Infrastructure Tools to Attract Private Investment” audience members will hear how local governments and small businesses can receive support from the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development programs to grow their businesses or projects, and draw new investors. This session will be held from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm on August 12, 2015. More information about the session can be found below:
Build It and They Will Come: Infrastructure Tools to Attract Private Investment
Description: Learn how to meet local needs and create opportunities for economic growth by leveraging the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development’s Local Government Infrastructure Financing program and Neighborhood BusinessWorks small business loan program. From improved water treatment to infill development, from commercial rehabs to streetscape improvements and new construction, this session will provide information on the financing tools that can grow existing businesses and attract new investment. The session will highlight specific projects and discuss how county governments can use these programs to impact economic success within their local communities.
- Michael Haloskey, Director of Business Lending, Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- Denis Minihane, Owner, Minihane’s Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Charles F.G. Day, Jr., Program Manager, Local Government Infrastructure Finance, Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- Bill Badger, Director of Economic Development, Worcester County
Moderator: The Honorable Adrienne Jones, Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Wednesday, August 12, 2015; 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
The MACo Summer Conference will be held August 12-15 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, Maryland. This year’s conference theme is “Energize. Mobilize. Capitalize.”
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure (contact email@example.com for help with registration)
- Online Registration
- Discounted Hotels List
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form
For a schedule of educational sessions at MACo’s Summer Conference, please view the Registration Brochure.
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.