At the MACo Summer Conference general session “Maryland’s Next Frontier in Economic Development” audience members will hear from key leaders in the state’s administration, and business and economic development communities, about the future of economic development in Maryland. The session will be held from 9:00 am – 10:30 am on Friday, August 14. More information about the session is below:
Maryland’s Next Frontier in Economic Development
Description: Change is on the horizon: with a new administration comes a new outlook on how Maryland will advance business and economic development. Additionally tasked with exploring ways to improve the business climate in Maryland, the Economic Development and Business Climate Commission released an interim report laying out 32 recommendations to streamline and maximize the state’s business potential. And on the local level, counties across the state continue to pursue fresh and creative means of economic development. This session will showcase what’s in store for the future of business and economic development in Maryland.
- Secretary Mike Gill, Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development
- Secretary Kenneth C. Holt, Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- Joshua C. Greene, Co-founder/executive director, Cleantech Open Southeast Partner, Squire Patton Boggs LLP
- Keasha N. Haythe, CEcD, Dorchester County, President, MEDA
Moderator: The Honorable Edward J. Kasemeyer, Maryland Senate
Date/Time: Friday, August 14, 2015; 9:00 am- 10:30 am
The MACo Summer Conference will be held August 12-15 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, Maryland. This year’s conference theme is “Energize. Mobilize. Capitalize.”
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help with registration)
- Online Registration
- Discounted Hotels List
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form
For a schedule of educational sessions at MACo’s Summer Conference, please view the Registration Brochure.
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.