MACo’s Summer Conference is August 12-15, 2015 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, Maryland. Of the 25+ educational sessions to be offered at the conference, 7 courses are eligible for credit towards the Academy for Excellence in Local Governance Certificate through the University of Maryland’s School of Public Policy.
The Academy for Excellence in Local Governance is a volunteer educational program founded by the Maryland Association of Counties (MACo), the Maryland Municipal League (MML), and sponsored by the Local Government Insurance Trust (LGIT) – the program is administered by the University of Maryland’s School of Public Policy. There are two tracks – County and Municipal. County Participants in the program must earn credit for 8 Core Courses and 6 Elective Courses, offered at MACo, MML, and LGIT conferences and events.
- County Financial Management
- Employment Issues
- Leveraging Private Investment to Capitalize Energy Improvements
- Building Health and Wealth in Communities: A Sound Investment
- Catching the Wave: Change Management for Public Sector Leaders
- Tapping Grant Opportunities to Meet Community Needs
- The Basics of Structured Economic Development
- Skills to Compete: How Our Schools Are Strengthening Maryland’s Future Workforce
- Maryland’s Federal Footprint – Counties Hosting Major Federal Sites
Please view our Academy Session Flyer for more information on these courses, including session dates/times and descriptions.
Academy courses are open to all conference attendees. Academy Fellows wishing to earn credit for any of these courses must attend a course and submit the Academy attendance form at the end of each course. For more information on the Academy, please contact UMD’s Academy Registrar, Aisha Washington, or MACo’s Meetings & Events Director, Virginia White.
You must be registered for the conference to attend these courses – MACo’s lowest Summer Conference registration rates end on Friday, July 10, so please register today for our lowest possible rates!
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help with registration)
- Online Registration
- Discounted Hotels List
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form
For a schedule of educational sessions at MACo’s Summer Conference, please view the Registration Brochure.
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.