Infrastructure plays an important role in economic growth and job creation. To learn more about local infrastructure and how it supports the local economy, attend the following session during the MACo summer conference.
Local Infrastructure – Fueling Your Economic Engine
Description: Local governments are responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure across the state – creating jobs and helping businesses prosper. The local economy not only benefits from jobs created during the construction and operational phase of a project, but from the services provided to the area businesses and households. This session will discuss the economic benefits of infrastructure – roads, bridges, wastewater – pre- and post-construction phase.
- Christopher Phipps, PE, Director, Department of Public Works, Anne Arundel County
- Emilia Istrate, Director of Research and Outreach, National Association of Counties
- Casey Dinges, Senior Managing Director, Public Affairs, American Society of Civil Engineers
Moderator: The Honorable Tawanna Gaines, Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Friday, August 14, 2015; 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
The MACo Summer Conference will be held August 12-15 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, Maryland. This year’s conference theme is “Energize. Mobilize. Capitalize.”
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure (contact email@example.com for help with registration)
- Online Registration
- Discounted Hotels List
- Exhibitor Brochure
- List of Current Exhibitors
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form
- Conduit Street Coverage of MACo’s Summer Conference
- #MACoCon on Twitter
For a schedule of educational sessions at MACo’s Summer Conference, please view the Registration Brochure.
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.