The Maryland Statewide Interoperability Program Management Office, under the leadership of the Maryland State Police, is holding another series of Regional Interoperability Forums as it continues to support interoperability activities at all levels of the counties, regions, and State.
These Forums will be held in six locations to discuss Public Safety Technology and Interoperability programs at the State and County level. Jurisdictions will also have the opportunity to share information about their Public Safety programs and focus on solutions that support interoperability activities, improve collaborations, and solve problems. There will be a short tabletop exercise in the afternoon so that all of the programs discussed will be put to the test.
Representatives from the following disciplines are invited to the Forums: Law Enforcement and Fire/EMS, Public Safety Communications, GIS, CIOs/CTOs, Emergency Management, Public Utilities, Public Works, Public Health, and Elected Officials.
Participants will end the day by knowing more about the State’s Public Safety technology programs and how they can benefit their agency. They will also learn more about the participant’s own County programs, missions, goals, and challenges, and those of neighboring jurisdictions. For all Forums, registration and breakfast is from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. The welcoming address is at 9 a.m. A working lunch will be served, and the Forums will conclude by 4 p.m. The schedule for the Forums is:
- Thursday, June 11 Western Maryland (Garrett, Allegany, and Washington)
- Monday, June 15, 2015 National Capitol Region (Frederick, Montgomery, and Prince George’s)
- Monday, June 22, 2015 Southern Maryland (Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s)
- Wednesday, June 24, 2014 Central Maryland (Anne Arundel, Annapolis, Baltimore City, Baltimore County)
- Thursday, July 9, 2015 Lower Eastern Shore (Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester)
- Monday, July 20, 2015 Upper Eastern Shore (Caroline, Cecil, Kent, Queen Anne’s, and Talbot)
You may register for a Forum in your region here.