The Maryland Governor’s Grants Office is co-hosting with eCivis to bring a nationally renowned grants expert to Maryland. Dr. Beverly Browning (Dr. Bev), a noted authority in helping local municipalities and non-profits in their grant efforts, will lead you through a day filled with award-winning grant writing techniques, keyword research strategies, tips on building relationships with private-sector funders, and methods for capturing federal competitive grants. The event will be held Wednesday, June 24, 2015 from 9 am to 3 pm, in College Park, MD.
Dr. Bev helps grant writers approach the grant writing process without fear. This is your opportunity to put together a new grant writing team or recharge your current grant writing team members.
- Recognizing red flags in Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs) – so you know which competitive grants to pursue and which your community will likely not win.
- Understanding how funding decisions are made – what’s not in print that can help your community win more highly competitive grants.
- Translating your community’s grant-related needs into a compelling storytelling format – traditional writing approaches won’t win grant awards in 2015.
- Developing an evidence-based project design – the one area where most grant applicants fail to receive 100% of the peer review points.
- Finding foundations that fund municipalities – learn how to fund smaller budget line item expenses with no-strings-attached grants.
For more information, and to register, click here.