MACo’s January 2015 Winter Conference is rapidly approaching and will take place from January 7-9 at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge, Maryland. The theme of the conference is “The Road Ahead” and will focus on local government legislative priorities for the upcoming General Assembly Session, integrating newly elected officials, and building relationships with new legislators and the new Administration.
One such session will focus on the issues to be discussed during the upcoming General Assembly Session, which starts on January 14, 2015.
Description: The beginning of a new term signifies change and new opportunities – but lawmakers will face several lingering challenges. Budget forecasts suggest limited opportunity for innovation and growth and many issues in public safety, environmental protection, education, and other areas continue to garner public and political attention. The General Assembly’s two presiding officers, an opposition party leader, and a policy advocate from the newly elected Administration will share their views on the issues confronting Annapolis for 2015 and beyond.
- The Honorable Thomas V. Mike Miller President, Maryland Senate
- The Honorable Michael E. Busch Speaker, Maryland House of Delegates
- The Honorable Christopher B. Shank, Minority Whip, Maryland Senate
- The Honorable Joseph M. Getty, Maryland State Senator; Chief Legislative Officer, Hogan Administration
Date/Time: Friday, January 9, 2015; 9:30 am – 10:45 am
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure (NEW with session descriptions!)
- Online Registration
- Hotel Reservation Link
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Registration Forms:
(contact email@example.com with questions)
- County (Maryland county government officials and staff)
- Other Government (Non-county entities: Municipal, State, Federal)
- Commercial (Profit & Non-profit businesses/organizations)
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.