MACo’s January 2015 Winter Conference is rapidly approaching and will take place from January December 11-13 at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge, Maryland. The theme of the conference is “The Road Ahead” and will focus on local government legislative priorities for the upcoming General Assembly Session, integrating newly elected officials, and building relationships with new legislators and the new Administration.
One panel will provide an overview and status update of several major water issues currently confronting county governments.
Description: Water issues have been at the forefront of many recent federal and state environmental initiatives, resulting in both legislation and litigation. While these initiatives aim to improve our impaired waterways, it can be challenging for a county to comply with costly water mandates while avoiding litigation and state and federal penalties. Panelists will explain a variety of recent water issues, including: (1) the requirements of the Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Load; (2) litigation surrounding municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) permits; (3) a proposed expansion of the “waters of the United States” definition under the Clean Water Act; and (4) responding to sea level rise.
- Alison Prost, Maryland Executive Director, Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Christopher D. Pomeroy, Esq., Attorney, AquaLaw, PLC
- Andre Monette, Associate, Best Best & Krieger
- Joseph P. Gill, Secretary of Natural Resources, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
Date & Time: Thursday, January 8, 2015; 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure (with session descriptions)
- Online Registration
- Hotel Reservation Link
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Registration Forms: (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help with registration)
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.