The Center for Data Innovation in Washington DC is hosting a free panel discussion on how use of data is driving change in federal, state, and local government.
Federal, state, and local governments are increasingly leveraging big data to improve the services and applications they offer to citizens and businesses. These changes are happening both in the back office, where new record management systems are capturing massive amounts of structured and unstructured data that help agencies manage their operations, and the front office, where citizen-services portals are creating personalized interfaces to government and e-filing systems are improving the quality of government data. Ultimately, big data has the potential to make government agencies faster, smarter, and more efficient, but only if government leaders invest in these technologies.
To join the Center for Data Innovation for a conversation about how government agencies have begun to put data to work and how these new technologies will impact government service delivery in the coming years, register to attend the panel.
Date and Time:
- Wednesday, November 19, 2014 from 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM EDT
- 1101 K Street NW, Suite 610A, Washington, DC 20005
- Daniel Castro, Director, Center for Data Innovation
- Ariel Gold, Program Manager, Global Public Sector, Amazon
- Carter Hewgley, Director Enterprise Analytics Division, FEMA
- Taha Kass-Hout, Chief Health Informatics Officer, FDA
- Peter Schmidt, Senior Director, Oracle
- Dean Silverman, Senior Advisor to the Commissioner, Office of Compliance Analytics, IRS
To join in a discussion on open government practices in Maryland’s counties, attend the Maryland Association of Counties’ upcoming educational session, Living in a Glass House: Transparency and Data Management for County Governments, Thursday, January 8, 2015 at the MACo Winter Conference in Cambridge, Maryland.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure (with session descriptions)
- Online Registration
- Hotel Reservation Link
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Registration Forms:
(contact email@example.com for help with registration)
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.