Howard County Executive Allan Kittleman has announced a series of public meetings to be held in Howard, Anne Arundel and Prince George’s counties and the City of Laurel to discuss updates to a short-range Transit Development Plan for Central Maryland. The meetings will provide for discussion on current transportation options and ways to improve transit services over the next five years. Another set of meetings in February will feature service alternatives, and plans will be drafted and finalized by July 2017. The meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Laurel: Thursday, Oct. 13, from 7 to 9 p.m., at the Laurel Municipal Center, 8103 Sandy Spring Road
- Howard County:
- Wednesday, Oct. 19, 7 to 9 p.m., at the George Howard Building, 3430 Court House Drive
- Thursday, Oct. 20, 7 to 9 p.m., at the North Laurel Community Center, 9411 Whiskey Bottom Road
- Thursday, Oct. 27, 7 to 9 p.m., at the Gateway Building, 6751 Gateway Drive
- Anne Arundel County: Wednesday Oct. 26, from 7 to 9 p.m., at Arundel Mills Mall, 7000 Arundel Mills Circle, Harmans Community Room in Hanover
Attendees will be able to complete a survey at the meetings to provide input and suggestions on transit needs. The survey will also be available at kfhgroup.com/centralmd/transitplan.html through October and November, and will be distributed to riders aboard Regional Transportation Agency buses beginning in November.
Read more in The Baltimore Sun.