The No Kid Hungry campaign is seeking to feed 10,000 more kids school breakfast by enrolling 50% of Maryland’s schools in the Maryland Breakfast Challenge. Some statistics about school breakfast from the Maryland Breakfast Challenge include,
- Kids who eat a healthy school breakfast do better in math, have higher attendance and are more likely to graduate.
- School breakfast fuels academic success. Yet, each day too many Maryland students miss out.
- Make this school year the best one yet: take the Maryland Breakfast Challenge!
- Help 10,000 more students eat breakfast, and win cash and prizes for your school.
Schools enrolled in the Challenge will compete with other schools in their district and across Maryland. In each county across Maryland, pre-K-12 public schools that show the highest increase in breakfast participation will be eligible to win the following for their schools and administrators:
- Cash prizes and grants
- A surprise celebrity visit and party for their school
- A weekend getaway in DC for two with free hotel and tickets to Taste of the Nation™
- A visit from a professional football player
- An espresso machine for the teachers’ lounge
- A cooking class for students with a local chef
For more information and to learn how to participate, see the Maryland Breakfast Challenge.