On Tuesday, September 9 from 4:00 pm until 5:00 pm EDT, the National Association of Counties (NACo) will host a webinar giving a Legislative Update on Issues Important to Counties.
From NACo’s website:
When members of Congress return, in early September, from their annual summer recess, the 113th Congress will enter its “home stretch.” This is an important time for county officials to engage with their Congressional delegation on issues important to counties across America, and NACo’s legislative staff will facilitate this engagement by hosting a webinar on Tuesday, September 9 at 4:00PM EDT to provide county leaders with the most up-to-date information on counties’ federal legislative priorities, including:
• The proposed “Waters of the U.S.” rule
• Payment in Lieu of Taxes and Secure Rural Schools Programs
• Transportation reauthorization and the Highway Trust Fund
• Online sales tax legislation / Marketplace Fairness Act
• Tax-exempt municipal bonds
NACo hopes you will join this webinar to enhance the knowledge and tools needed to advocate effectively on behalf of counties to members of Congress, the Administration and related agencies at this critical juncture.