The public expects high quality services and recreational opportunities from county park and recreation departments. However, as public recreation preferences and expectations change over time, it can be challenging for a county to keep up. From providing wireless internet (WiFi) service and rock walls in recreational facilities to creating field space to accommodate a diverse set of league sports, county departments are being asked to provide an increasingly broad array of services. In this MACo Summer Conference session, panelists will discuss recent and emerging trends in public recreation and highlight how several counties have responded to meet these new needs.
- Paul Magness, Deputy Director, Harford County Department of Parks and Recreation
- Christopher Merdon, Chief Information Officer and Director, Howard County Department of Technology and Communication Services
- Michele Potter, President, Maryland Recreation and Parks Association and Director of Parks, Recreation, and Culture, City of Gaithersburg
Moderator: The Honorable Michael Busch, Speaker of the Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Thursday, August 14, 2014; 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Learn more about MACo’s 2014 Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Registration
- Reduced Hotel Rates List
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form
- Conduit Street Coverage of MACo’s Summer Conference
Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White with questions about Summer Conference.