As recipients of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Maryland’s counties certify every year that they are “affirmatively furthering fair housing.” Over the past five years, HUD and advocates have stepped up enforcement efforts on this obligation, and local governments have come under greater scrutiny, even forfeiting CDBG funds on occasion. During this session, a national fair housing expert will give a presentation on this Fair Housing Act duty and on HUD’s new Disparate Impact Rule and local experts and officials will discuss what these developments mean for Maryland’s counties.
- Timothy M. Smyth, Relman, Dane & Colfax, PLLC
- Kathleen Koch, Executive Director of Arundel Community Development Services
- Elizabeth Glenn, Deputy Planning Director in Baltimore County
Moderator: The Honorable Stephen W. Lafferty
Date/Time: Friday, August 15, 2014; 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm
Learn more about MACo’s 2014 Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Registration
- Reduced Hotel Rates List
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form
- Conduit Street Coverage of MACo’s Summer Conference
Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White with questions about Summer Conference.