The Fall 2013 roundtable meeting for Maryland’s Planning Directors will be on Wednesday, October 16, 9:30am-12:30pm in the Miller Senate Office Building in Annapolis, MD.
From Maryland’s Department of Planning’s website, topics will include:
A panel discussion of the Koontz case
Moderated by Deputy Secretary Amanda Conn
Helping Local Governments Become Electric Vehicle (EV) Ready
Presented by Kathy Kinsey, Deputy Secretary, MDE; Elizabeth Entwisle, Administrator, MDE and Anne Draddy, Baltimore City Energy Office
To prepare for this session the presenters have asked that attendees familiar themselves with state and local government related electric vehicle and its infrastructure issues. Please check out the following guidance documents prepared by the 12-State Transportation and Climate Initiative (TCI) for the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast Region:
- Creating EV-Ready Towns and Cities: A Guide to Planning and Policy Tools.
This document has sample amendments to building codes and zoning and parking ordinances in Appendices C, D and E on pp. 38-47.
- Electric Vehicle Siting and Design Guidelines or EVIC Final Report (Appendix C).
- EV-Ready Codes for the Built Environment or EVIC Final Report (Appendix C).
- A map of pubic charging station locations in Maryland and other EV information for TCI states
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle Handbook for Workplace Charging Hosts
- In addition, please provide the presenters with feedback on what you would most like to learn about EVs at the Roundtable Meeting.