Across the state several counties recently transferred responsibilities to a new set of officers, and a few still have upcoming elections.
- In Anne Arundel County, Jerry Walker is the new Chair of the Council and John Grasso is now the Vice Chair.
- In Caroline County, Commissioner Wilbur Levengood becomes President of the Commission, while Commissioner Jefferson Ghrist assumes the Vice-President post.
- In Carroll County, Commissioner Doug Howard remains the Commission President, Commissioner Dave Roush is the new Vice President, and Commissioner Haven Shoemaker is the Secretary.
- In Dorchester County, Councilman Jay Newcomb and Councilman William Nichols were re-elected as Council President and Vice President, respectively.
- In Garrett County, Commissioner Robert Gatto will now be chairman of the Board of County Commissioners.
- In Howard County, Councilwoman Jennifer Terrasa will be the Chairperson, and Councilwoman Mary Kay Sigaty is the new Vice Chairperson.
- In Prince George’s County, Council Chair Andrea Harrison will continue another term, while Council Member Obie Patterson assumes the role of Vice Chair of the Council.
- In Montgomery County, Council Member Nancy Navarro was elected Council President and Council Member Craig Rice was selected as Vice President.
- In St. Mary’s County, Commissioner Jack Russell remains President (elected directly to that role) while Commissioner Lawrence Jarboe will become the Commission Vice President.
- In Talbot County, Council Member Dirck Barlett will be the President and Council Member Corey Pack will be the Vice-President.
- In Wicomico County, Council Member Matt Holloway is the new President and Council Member Bob Culver is the new Vice-President.
- In Worcester County, Commissioner James “Bud” Church remains President and Commissioner Merrill Lockfaw has assumed the role of Commission Vice President.
The following chart shows the terms of officers for each county and their next officer election.
|Jurisdiction||Term of Officers||Next Change|
|Anne Arundel||1 year||2013|
|Baltimore City||4 years||2014|
|Baltimore County||1 year||2013 (Jan 1)|
|Calvert||1 year||2012 (Dec 18)|
|Caroline||1 year||2013 (Jan 1)|
|Garrett||1 year||2012 (Dec 14)|
|Prince George’s||1 year||2013|
|Queen Anne’s||1 year||2013 (Jan 8)|
|St. Mary’s||1 year (VP)||2013|
|Worcester||2 years (VP)||2014|