The Maryland Department of Transportation’s (MDOT) Office of Freight and Multimodalism will be hosting a Freight and Land Use workshop on June 28. The goal of the workshop is to provide specific guidance to planning practitioners on how to integrate freight and land use considerations within the transportation planning and programming process. The workshop presents an opportunity to provide stakeholders with the tools and resources to assess the impacts of land use decisions on freight movements, as well as the impacts of freight development and growth on land use planning goals.
The day-long workshop will consist of presentations and discussion dealing with the following topics:
- Linking freight transportation with land use planning
- Identification of participants and stakeholders; their issues and priorities
- Freight facility location decisions
- Strategies to mitigate freight land use and environmental impacts
- Impacts of freight on the natural and built environment
The workshop will be held from 8:30 am to 4:45 pm at the MDOT Office. FOr more information and to register, contact Debbie Bowden.