The Maryland Rural Health Association (MRHA), a non-profit organization that educates and advocates for the optimal health of rural communities, has announced their 2012 legislative agenda. Below are a few highlights of the group’s goals:
- Completely fund rural Maryland Prosperity Investment Fund
- Adequately provide for Rural Maryland safety net
- Rationally implement requirements of the new Healthcare Reform law
- Expand and improve access to Rural Healthcare through Telemedicine and health information technology
- Strongly support efforts to stabilize and grown the health professions workforce for Rural Maryland.
For more information, check out the complete 2012 legislative agenda.