Budget and revenue issues will continue to weigh heavily during the 2012 Session as the Governor and General Assembly work to close a $1 billion shortfall and focus on job creation incentives. Other issues to be debated such as maintenance of effort and planning and zoning issues have serious policy and fiscal consequences for local governments.During the MACo Winter Conference, the General Assembly’s two presiding officers, an opposition party leader, and the Governor’s Chief Legislative Officer will share their views on these issues and more.
- The Honorable Thomas V. Mike Miller, President of the Senate
- The Honorable Michael Busch, Speaker of the House
- The Honorable E.J. Pipkin, Senate Minority Leader
- Mr. Joe Bryce, Chief Legislative & Policy Advisor, Office of the Governor
- The Honorable Ingrid M. Turner, Esq., Council Member, Prince George’s County Moderator
Interested in attending MACo’s 2012 General Assembly Forecast? Register to attend the MACo Winter Conference today!