MACo is pleased to announce two exciting additions to our Summer Conference program—the Budget & Finance Session Track and the Land Use Session Track.
Each track is made up of four workshops planned to allow those conference attendees with a strong interest in either county budget and finance or land use issues to have a concentrated series of workshops that focus on either topic over the course of our conference. Each series will be wrapped up with a discussion over breakfast on Saturday morning (August 20).
Participants will have the opportunity to review the workshops, debate key points, and discuss issues raised during the four sessions in their track while they enjoy breakfast with friends and colleagues.
This extra addition comes at no extra cost to you—simply register for the conference and plan to attend at least three of the four sessions in each track (listed below) and the Saturday breakfast.
Budget & Finance Session Track
- “Maintaining Maintenance of Effort: Changes and Challenges”
- “Energy Purchasing: Getting the Most Current for Your Currency”
- “Show Me the MONEY: Finding, Writing, and Implementing Grants”
- “The Value of Economic Development:
Investing in Traditional Tools and New Resources”
- Saturday Morning Wrap-Up Breakfast led by Susan Shaw, President, Calvert County Commissioners
Land Use Session Track – **These sessions have been submitted to the APA for approval of 4.0 hours of continuing education credit**
- “The Promise of Program Open Space”
- “What Do You Mean I can’t Speak Here? Regulating First Amendment Rights on County Property”
- “‘WIP’ing the Chesapeake Into Shape”
- “Forum: Presenting PlanMaryland”
- Saturday Morning Wrap-Up Breakfast led by Mary Ann Lisanti, Member, Harford County Council
To read the session descriptions for these tracks, please click on one of the following links:
Budget and Finance Track Flyer
Land Use Track Flyer
Please click the following link to download the MACo 2011 Summer Conference Registration Brochure.
You can register online by clicking here.