On Thursday, January 27th, the Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) and USDA Agricultural Research Service will be hosting a forum to discuss issues facing the farming industry in Southern Maryland. The day long program will focus on topics of profitable alternative crops and products, sustainable land management, farming systems, crop modeling, and land conservation programs. Additionally, attendees will learn about:
- Newest commercially available technologies for improving farm operations
- Competitive and profitable opportunities for growth
- Methods to encourage scientists at USDA ARS to help solve farming needs
- Financing opportunities for implementing new technologies
- Ways to utilize the University of Maryland Agri-Business Extension Service
Registration closes Tuesday, January 25th. To register or to find additional event details, please follow this link.