The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) will be offering a free training course on the Commercial Provisions of the 2009 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) as they apply to commercial buildings. A synopsis on the Department’s website states:
Participants will learn how key provisions of the code should be applied during building design, construction, and renovation. Learn how to evaluate code compliance during plan review and inspection, and gain a broader understanding of how code requirements relate to energy use through the application of key building science concepts. You will gain insight into strategies that will yield energy savings and learn how to avoid typical code compliance failures.
A total of seven seminars will be held. The dates are as follows:
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 2 – OAKLAND, GARRETT COUNTY
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 16 – CROWNSVILLE, ANNE ARUNDEL CO.
- WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 5 — SNOW HILL, WORCESTER CO.
- WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26 — HAGERSTOWN, WASHINGTON CO.
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 2 — ABERDEEN, HARFORD CO.
- TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 15 — LEXINGTON PARK, ST. MARY’S CO.
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 23 – EASTON, TALBOT CO.
For additional information, please click here.