On September 2 Governor Martin O’Malley announced his appointments to the Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission. The Commission, enacted by HB 474/SB 278 of 2010, is a long-term replacement for the Task Force on the Future for Growth and Development in Maryland and will provide a forum for the State, local governments, and other stakeholder groups to discuss growth and land use issues. The Commission is set to expire in 2020.
The Commission has a total of 36 members. Task Force chair Jon Laria will also serve as chair of the Commission. The following county officials are also members:
- Sandy Coyman, Director, Talbot County Department of Comprehensive Planning, Maryland Association of Counties Representative
- Mary Ann Lisanti, Harford County Council, Maryland Association of Counties Representative
- Greg Bowen, Director of Planning and Zoning, Calvert County, Representative from Southern Maryland
- Rollin Stanley, Director of Planning, Montgomery County, Representative from the Washington Metropolitan area
- Derick Berlage, Director of the Department of Land Use and Growth Management, St. Mary’s County, Representative from the Washington Metropolitan area
- Calvin Ball, Howard County Council, Representative from the Baltimore Metropolitan area
· Click on the Commission link above to see the Commission’s entire membership.