Artificial Intelligence (AI) is poised to transform the world and how we live, work, and communicate. For county governments, AI can mean streamlined processes, enhanced service delivery, improved public safety and security, fraud detection and prevention, data analytics, and regulatory compliance. Most importantly, this rapidly evolving technology can revolutionize resident engagement and input.
However, implementing and regulating AI comes with challenges, including privacy concerns, security, oversight, equity, accessibility, etc. So, as local governments explore AI’s transformative power, many questions remain.
MACo Winter Conference General Session: Let’s Talk AI – The Good, the Bad, the Ugly
AI has immense potential to revolutionize county governments, offering transformative solutions to enhance services, streamline operations, enrich constituent communications, and improve decision-making. However, this transformative power also brings challenges and potential pitfalls, such as ethical issues, new and evolving cybersecurity threats, and privacy concerns. In this session, learn best practices for harnessing the power of this transformative technology to modernize county government while mitigating risk and safeguarding sensitive information.
- Nishant Shah, Senior Advisor for Responsible Artificial Intelligence, State of Maryland
- Hal Daumé, Professor of Computer Science, University of Maryland; Director, Institute for Trustworthy AI in Law & Society (TRAILS)
- Ted Pibil, Senior Government Advisor and former Harford County CIO, ePlus Technology
Date/Time: Thursday, December 7, 2023; 10:30 am – 11:30 am
The 2023 MACo Winter Conference is December 6-8 at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, Maryland.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Attendee Brochure (with full schedule)
- Exhibitor Details & Waitlist
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotel Details (SOLD OUT – waitlist info)
- Winter Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White