HUD’s Green and Resilient Retrofit Program offers $4.8B in grants and loans to HUD-assisted multifamily housing developments for climate and environmental upgrades.
As part of the federal infrastructure package, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates the Green and Resilient Retrofit Program (GRRP). The GRRP provides owners of HUD-assisted multifamily housing with capital resources to reduce carbon emissions, make utility efficiency improvements, incorporate renewable energy sources, and make properties more resilient against the effects of climate hazards. HUD has three paths (cohorts) of funding available to meet the needs of properties at all stages of redevelopment: elements, leading edge, and comprehensive.
- Approx. $140,000,000 to be awarded; $40,000 per unit or $750,000 per property
- 06/29/2023 to be considered in the First Application Period
- The Elements NOFO provides modest awards designed to add proven and highly impactful climate resilience and carbon reduction measures to the construction scopes of in-progress recapitalization transactions.
- Approx. $400,000,000 to be awarded; $60,000 per unit or $10,000,000 per property
- 07/31/2023 to be considered in the First Application Period
- The Leading Edge NOFO provides funding to owners aiming to quickly meet ambitious carbon reduction, renewable energy generation, use of building materials with lower embodied carbon, and resilience goals without requiring extensive technical assistance from HUD.
- Approx. $1,470,000,000 to be awarded; $80,000 per unit or $20,000,000 per property
- 08/31/2023 to be considered in the First Application Period
- The Comprehensive NOFO provides funding to initiate recapitalization investments designed from inception around deep retrofits, focused on innovative energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions reductions, green and healthy housing measures, renewable energy generation, use of building materials with lower embodied carbon, and climate resilience investments. Comprehensive Awards are designed for the widest range of properties, including those that have not yet developed a recapitalization plan.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2022 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White