The Maryland Association of Counties (MACo) is pleased to announce the installation of the 2023 Board of Directors and Officers.
On Thursday evening, January 5, 2023, Lieutenant Governor Boyd Rutherford installed the MACo Board of Directors for 2023. The installation took place at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, Maryland, during the MACo Winter Conference Inaugural Banquet.
“Our local and regional partnerships have proven to be more critical than ever on the road to recovery from the pandemic and MACo has been an integral part of bipartisan organizing on behalf of all Maryland counties,” said Howard County Executive Calvin Ball. “I’m honored to be elected as MACo President, and look forward to working with my colleagues across the great state of Maryland to foster the best quality of life and further the mission of MACo for all Marylanders. I want to congratulate all the newly elected board members and thank outgoing President Laura Everngam-Price for her leadership over the last year.”
The MACo Board of Directors is made up of 16 county elected officials. These county leaders are selected by the MACo membership to serve the interests of the Association, oversee its management and strategic direction, and maintain and develop relationships with other parties with whom MACo and counties regularly interact. The Board works collaboratively with the MACo Legislative Committee, which sets policy positions for the Association and directs its legislative advocacy priorities.
The 2023 slate of Members and Officers are as follows:
- Calvin Ball, County Executive, Howard County – President
- John Olszewski, Jr., County Executive, Baltimore County – 1st Vice President
- Jack Wilson, Commissioner, Queen Anne’s County – 2nd Vice President
- MC Keegan-Ayer, Council Member, Frederick County – Secretary
- Lenny Pfeffer, Council Member, Dorchester County – Treasurer
- Sharon Green Middleton, Council Vice President, Baltimore City – Past President
- Steuart Pittman, County Executive, Anne Arundel County
- Ed Rothstein, Commissioner President, Carroll County
- Danielle Hornberger, County Executive, Cecil County
- Reuben Collins, Commissioner President, Charles County
- Paul Edwards, Chair, Board of Commissioners, Garrett County
- Bob Cassilly, County Executive, Harford County
- Marc Elrich, County Executive, Montgomery County
- Angela Alsobrooks, County Executive, Prince George’s County
- Craig Mathies, Commissioner, Somerset County
- Randy Guy, President, Commissioners of St. Mary’s County
These individuals were elected by the assembled membership at the Association’s Winter Conference Business Meeting to serve in MACo’s top leadership positions.
About the Maryland Association of Counties (MACo):
The Maryland Association of Counties (MACo) is the non-profit, non-partisan voice of all 24 Maryland counties, promoting effective, efficient government through advocacy, education, and collaboration. The Association’s membership consists of county elected officials and representatives from Maryland’s 23 counties and Baltimore City. MACo’s members determine Association policy and positions on executive and legislative proposals through an elected Board of Directors and a Legislative Committee. Through MACo’s advocacy, training, educational programs, and annual conferences, members are provided with endless opportunities to improve their capacity to serve their residents.