Public policy affecting economic development, building, and infrastructure will all be a focus for the fast-changing Annapolis landscape. The Maryland Economic Development Association’s January conference will highlight it all.
At the 2023 MEDA Conference, public and private sector leaders will share their thoughts on economic development-related legislation that will be considered by the Maryland General Assembly during the 2023 session.
From the draft agenda for January 12th:
9:45 – 10:45 am MARYLAND BUSINESS LEADERSHIP REPORT
- Moderator: Tiffany Harvey, Vice President, Government & Regulatory Affairs for Maryland and Delaware, Comcast
- Mark Anthony Thomas, President/Chief Executive Officer, Greater Baltimore Committee
- Mary Kane, President and Chief Executive Officer, Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Michael Sanderson, Executive Director, Maryland Association of Counties
- Jack McDougle, President and Chief Executive Officer, Greater Washington Board of Trade
10:45–11:00 am BREAK
11:00–12:00 pm MARYLAND LEGISLATIVE OUTLOOK
- Moderator: Josh Kurtz, Founding Editor, Maryland Matters
- Honorable Bill Ferguson, Senate President (invited)
- Honorable Adrienne A. Jones, Speaker of the House (invited)
- Honorable Stephen S. Hershey, Jr., Senate Minority Leader
- Honorable Jason C. Buckel, House Minority Leader
12:00–1:00 pm LUNCHEON AND KEYNOTE ADDRESS– (TBD)
Development-related public policy will be on the agenda at MACo’s Winter Conference, including these two panels:
MACo’s Winter Conference, “Hit the Ground Running,” is at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, MD, from January 4-6, 2023 (with a pre-conference orientation for new county officials on January 3).
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: