MACo’s 2022 Annapolis Immersion Training will be held on Thursday, December 15, at the Governor Calvert House in Annapolis from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
MACo is thrilled to announce the return of our annual Annapolis Immersion training program to help county officials and professionals navigate the Maryland General Assembly Session. This training is perfect as a primer for new officials and new legislative staff, or as a refresher for returning officials and staff.
The training features segments on the following topics:
- Overview of the Maryland General Assembly Session and the Legislative Process
- MACo’s Role in the Legislative Process
- The Fiscal Note Process
- The Bond Bill and Budget Hearing Process
- Tips on Testifying
These topics will be covered by MACo staff, experts from the Department of Legislative Services, and appropriate staff members from House or Senate Committees. Lunch and a walking tour of the State Capitol buildings are also included.
- Registration is FREE for MACo Members (county elected officials and professionals). Register today!
- Non-members will be invited to attend with a $75 registration fee if the training is not full by December 10. Non-members may email Allison Valliant to be put on the waitlist.
- Space is limited and the deadline to register is December 10, 2022, so please register today!
- Historic Inns of Annapolis
- Group Name: MD Association of Counties Room Block
- Check-in: Dec 14, check-out: Dec 15
- Rate: $108 per night, plus applicable taxes
- Reservation Phone: 410.263.2641 (ask for group code 10647L)
- Reservation Link: MD Association of Counties Room Block
- Deadline: Wednesday, Dec 1, 2022