Across the country, travel has resumed to nearly pre-pandemic levels thanks, in part, to the heroic efforts of local tourism officials.
In Maryland, county tourism has rebounded through adapting operations, creatively marketing, and innovating with existing spaces. At the 2022 MACo Summer Conference, four tourism experts will join together to provide case studies reflecting the many efforts undertaken to keep Maryland’s tourism industry afloat and thriving into the future.
Title: Destination Maryland – Tourism of Tomorrow
Description: Tourism is big business for Maryland’s counties, employing hundreds of thousands of residents, adding billions to the economy, and generating millions in local tax revenue. Like many other areas of county service, Maryland’s tourism industry has experienced unprecedented challenges over the past two years. Throughout the pandemic, counties developed new strategies to attract visitors or began promoting a new kind of tourism altogether. As a crucial service to their communities, tourism departments began focusing on innovative or expanded outdoor and online offerings, and became a hub of workforce development and community revitalization projects, among other outside-the-box solutions. In this session, county representatives will discuss their new and revised visions for promoting tourism and how they can be applied statewide to bolster Maryland’s economy.
- Wesley Heinz, Executive Director, Western Maryland Scenic Railroad
- Kristen Goller, President, Maryland Association of Destination Marketing Organizations
- Dan Spedden, President, Visit Hagerstown and Washington County
- Lucille Walker, Executive Director, Destination Southern Maryland
Moderator: The Honorable Senator Antonio Hayes
Date/Time: Thursday, August 18, 2022; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2021 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White