MACo’s Winter Conference, “Time to Reboot: Tomorrow’s Tech Today,” on Dec 8-10, 2021, will bring together more than 600 leaders in the private and public sectors to discuss how to prepare for the changes on the horizon in Maryland. See the list of educational session titles below.
This conference features 3 days of educational sessions, events, and meetings along with a 60-booth tradeshow of vendors offering solutions for local governments, non profits, and commercial organizations. The theme is “Time to Reboot: Tomorrow’s Tech Today.” Rapidly advancing technology has changed government service delivery. With remote work, virtual learning, ransomware, data security, and online meetings emerging as more widespread options – and in some cases, obstacles – this conference will explore how county governments are or should be approaching technology, and what tools can help them provide state-of-the-art services for Maryland residents.
More details will be available soon, but here are the titles of the sessions to be presented on December 8-10, 2021:
- Exploring Opportunities for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Local Governance
- Policy Reform: Getting into the Weeds
- Building Out Broadband, Building Up Maryland
- Extra, Extra #ReadAllAboutIt: Reaching Residents with Social Media
- 2022 General Assembly Forecast
- Righting a Wrong: Leveraging Opioid Settlement Funds to Heal Maryland
- Subscribed: Budgeting for the Digital Age
- Health Behind Bars
- Bend Don’t Break: Roadmap to Resilience
- Restoring Highway User Revenue: A Need and Strategy
- Navigating a New World: Counties and the Post-Pandemic Workplace
- Staying Home: A Collaborative Approach to Rental Assistance
- Ransomware, Risk, and Recovery: Is Your County Cyber-Secure?
- New Tech for Parks and Rec: Rebooting Public Spaces
- Not Your Grandfather’s Farm: Tapping into Agritourism
- Education Equity: Confronting the COVID Gap
- MACo Good Government Book Club
- Employment Issues
- Open Meetings
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: