Montgomery County’s Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) and the US Green Building Council National Capital Region have announced the preliminary schedule of the virtual 2021 Montgomery County Energy Summit.
The Summit’s 2021 theme is “Resiliency, from Building to Community,” and will build upon the County’s goal to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2035. The Summit will explore strategies, technologies and case studies. This year’s Summit is a forum for the community to discuss ways to adapt and become more resilient against changes to the climate. Early bird registration ends April 9.
Tuesday, May 4:
- Building Resilience in Montgomery County
- Providing Hybrid Power Benefits to Commercial Buildings and Multi-family Affordable Housing
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations and Community Transportation Resiliency
- Hillandale Gateway Case Study: Large Scale Mixed Use—Multi-family Passive House
- We Have Complied with the County’s Benchmarking Law—Now What?
- Setting the Table: Build Resilience into Integrative Process
Wednesday, May 5:
- Upscaling Resiliency: From Buildings to the Re-Visioned Community
- Moving Metro Toward Efficiency and Resiliency
- Commissioning—It Does Not Build Your Building, But It Makes It Better!
- Resilient Retail Shopping Center: A Near Net Zero Experience
- Post Occupancy Verification at Unisphere—How Did We Do?
- Passive House Pitfalls: Case Study in Multi-family Affordable Housing in West Philadelphia
Thursday, May 6:
- Health in Resilient Housing
- Charging Toward Battery Adoption—Knowledge is Power
- Cultivating Resilience in Montgomery County Faith Communities
- Natural Gas Solutions for an Energy Efficient and Resilient Montgomery County
- Preparing for Building Energy Performance Standards in Montgomery County
For more information, and to register, view the press release.