Existing MSEC communities and first-time applicants are encouraged to apply for the MSEC program administered by the Maryland Energy Administration (MEA). Funding may be used for energy efficiency, renewable energy and transportation projects. The deadline for submitting applications is November 13, 2020.
Becoming a Smart Energy Community will result in:
- A grant from MEA to kick-start your energy goals and eligibility for future MSEC grants
- Reduced utility and fuel expenses
- Participate in local sustainability initiatives
- Greenhouse gas emissions reduction
- Statewide recognition as a leader in energy conservation and sustainability
For more information, visit the program’s page.
MEA will be hosting an informational webinar to assist local governments with the application process. This post will be updated with webinar information when it is available.