Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich tonight will host the first in a series of virtual budget forums aimed at providing opportunities for residents to learn about the budget process and provide input on local spending priorities. There will be a total of five regional forums on the County’s Capital Budget/Capital Improvements Program (CIP) and two forums on the County’s Operating Budget.
“I am hopeful that our virtual format will allow more residents to participate in these forums. Even though we cannot be together, this new format should enable us to discuss with residents the County’s budget process for Fiscal Year 2022,” said Elrich. “COVID-19 has changed how the government delivers services, and this virtual forum may make it easier for more residents to participate and engage with the process. We hope you will join us to listen, learn, ask questions, and let us know what is important to you.”
County Executive Elrich will submit his Recommended FY22 Capital Budget/amendments to the FY21-26 CIP and Recommended Operating Budget to the County Council on January 15 and March 15, respectively.
According to a County press release:
The FY22 Budget forums are scheduled as follows:
- Monday, Sept. 14: Citizens Advisory Board/CIP Forum, East County – 7 p.m. Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Monday, Sept. 21: FY22 County Operating Budget Forum – 7 p.m. Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Wednesday, Sept. 30: FY22 County Operating Budget Forum — 7 pm. Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Thursday, Oct. 8: Citizens Advisory Board/CIP Forum, Mid County – 7 p.m. Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: Citizens Advisory Board/CIP Forum, Bethesda – 7 p.m. Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Monday, Oct. 26: Citizens Advisory Board/CIP Forum, Up County – 7 p.m. Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Wednesday, Oct. 28: Citizens Advisory Board/CIP Forum, Silver Spring – 7 p.m. Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
Sign language interpreter services will be provided only upon request with notice as far in advance as possible, but no less than 72 hours prior to the event. If these or other services or aids are needed to participate in this activity, call 240-777-6507, Maryland Relay 711, or email a request to Karen.email@example.com.
The Sept. 21 and 30 meetings will be streamed live on the County’s website and Facebook page and on the YouTube channel. Montgomery County residents can view the meeting live with closed captioning on County Cable Montgomery by tuning to Comcast Channel 6 or 996 HD; RCN Channel 6 or 1056 HD; or Verizon Channel 30. Residents also can join Montgomery County’s conversation about the FY22 Operating Budget on social media and help raise awareness by using #MoCoBudget22.
Visit the Montgomery County website for more information.