Under the new initiative, low- and moderate-income Baltimore County residents can call 311 to be connected to federal, state, and local services.
The Benefits Screening Call Center is a partnership between Baltimore County and the CASH Campaign of Maryland to strengthen the safety net for families suffering economically from the coronavirus pandemic.
From a Baltimore County news release:
The CASH Campaign of Maryland is now offering its benefits screening and support services to County residents. Callers to 311 can request an appointment to receive a confidential and customized screening for over 20 different benefit programs to help them make ends meet and support their financial future.
These programs include:
- Temporary Cash Assistance
- Temporary Disability Assistance
- SNAP (formerly food stamps)
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- Maryland Utility Assistance
- NeedyMeds (discount pharmacy program)
- Discounted Cellular and Landline Programs
- Maryland Children’s Health Program
- Child Care Subsidy Program
- Child Support Payment Incentive
- Free and Reduced Price School Meals
- Head Start and Early Head Start
- Renters and Homeowners Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Earned Income Tax Credit
For more information:
Baltimore County Announces Benefits Screening Call Center (news release)