Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski last week issued an Executive Order to create the Baltimore County Economic Development Advisory Board, which will provide input and guidance to the administration on economic development, job creation, workforce development, tourism, arts and culture, and other aspects of the County’s economy.
“Baltimore County is already an extraordinary place to do business, with one of the best-educated workforces in the country and over 21,000 diverse businesses. But we know we can do even better,” County Executive Olszewski said. “This new advisory board will bring together respected, thoughtful, entrepreneurial leaders to help us ensure Baltimore County remains an economic engine for the entire region and that we can build a better economy for every resident.”
The Baltimore County Economic Development Advisory Board will be tasked with exploring potential marketing strategies to better position Baltimore County in an effort to attract and retain businesses; examining best practice models across the country for effective public-private partnerships; and providing input in creating a comprehensive, data-informed, long-term economic development strategy with goals and metrics.
The formation of this Advisory Board fulfills a key recommendation outlined in the 2019 Baltimore County Government Transition Team Report, which called for efforts to engage with a diverse group of business leaders and employers in shaping Baltimore County’s economic development strategies.
According to a press release:
Chaired by Marcus Wang, Co-Founder, President and General Manager of ZytoGen, and co-chaired by Ali Von Paris, CEO and Founder of Route One Apparel, the Advisory Board will consist of a diverse array of talented and knowledgeable individuals from across the region, including:
- Chris Brandt, CEO, Audacious Inquiry
- Cale Christensen, Whiting Turner
- Renee Christoff, Head of Global Associate Engagement and Corporate Responsibility, T. Rowe Price
- Lee Coplan, Owner and Partner, Hord Coplan Macht
- Robert Dashiel, Founder and Principal, The Law Office of Robert Fulton Dashiell
- Mike Donilon, DBC Head of Open Gate Brewery, Guinness Open Gate
- Scott Dorsey, Chairman and CEO, Merritt Properties
- Nakeia Drummond, Founder and Chief Strategist, NLD Strategic
- Pete Forakis, Titan Industrial Services
- Suzy Ganz, CEO, Lion Brothers
- Marina Hong, Vice President, HR, Integrated Diagnostic Solutions
- Nigel Knowles, CEO, LCG Technologies
- Olga Maltseva, President and COO, Healytics
- Carla Nelson Chambers, Managing Principal, The Nelson Ideation Group, LLC
- Rodney Oddoye, Senior Vice President, Governmental and External Affairs, BGE
- Scott Phillips, Principal, N. Scott Phillips Legal and Business Consulting Services
- Eileen Rivera Ley, Training Director, Blind Savvy USA
- Lori Robinson, Vice President Corporate Branding, Communications and Community Relations, McCormick
- Timmy Ruppersberger, Director of Business and Community Relations, Clapp Communication
- Jason St. John, Litigation Department Chairman, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
- Marcus Stephens, Executive Creative Director, Plank Industries
- Donna Stevenson, President and CEO, Early Morning Software
- Aaron Tomarchio, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Tradepoint Atlantic
- Jason Weiner, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Lifebridge Health
The Economic Development Advisory Board will host their first meeting on Tuesday, February 25, 2020, at 11:30 a.m. at the Baltimore County Agricultural Center in Cockeysville, Maryland.
Read the full press release for more information.