MACo’s Winter Conference is just 2 weeks away – Dec 4-6. Don’t miss this chance to connect with hundreds of county leaders to discuss “Building for the Future.”
Flooding can be a real concern for many local governments. MACo’s Emergency Managers Directors will host a session at the upcoming Winter Conference to discuss flood prevention strategies, clean water goals, and how to utilize disaster mitigation funding.
- Title: 2 for 1: Flood Prevention (And Cleaner Water, Too!)
- Description: Is flooding an increasing concern in your community? Are you wondering how to pay for your clean water goals? Disaster mitigation funds can be used to prevent flooding and address local water quality issues. Learn how local governments are taking advantage of mitigation funding resources to address multiple water priorities.
- Jim Bass, Coastal Resilience Program Manager, Eastern Shore Land Conservancy
- Patty Bubar, Deputy Director, Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection and Member, Local Government Advisory Committee to the Chesapeake Bay Executive Commission
- Victoria Jackson-Stanley, Mayor, City of Cambridge
- Russ Strickland, Executive Director, Maryland Emergency Management Agency
- Date/Time: Thursday, December 5, 2019; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Late registration rates begin on 11/23, so register today for lowest available rates!
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: