MACo’s Winter Conference on December 4-6, 2019 will discuss many topics that will affect the future of Maryland. A roundtable discussion on school construction funding will be one of the first sessions of the conference.
As Maryland’s school buildings age, officials are faced with difficult decisions about what to do next. Modern education requires modern updates and tools to teach today’s schoolchildren. But that’s not cheap and budgets are stretched as it is. This roundtable session will give officials and professionals an opportunity to hear updates and discuss challenges and solutions with peers.
- Change Order: Is a Shift in School Construction Funding on the Way?
- Description: The 2020 General Assembly Session promises to be a year of change for school construction. Major legislation, first introduced last year, is likely to return. At the same time, a statewide workgroup will recommend changes to school construction funding. Join this session for an update from leaders and experts in school construction on a topic that touches the core of constituent interests and county budgets across Maryland.
- The Honorable Jan Gardner, County Executive, Frederick County
- Perry Willis, Executive Director of Support Services, Cecil County Public Schools
- Shawn Matlock, Director of Capital Programs, Prince George’s County Public Schools
- Date/Time: Wednesday, December 4, 2019; 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: