Roadway safety is an important topic for all Marylanders. Join us at this year’s MACo Winter Conference to learn about what plans and tools are being used to guide Maryland towards the goal of zero vehicle-related deaths on the roadway by the year 2030.
Here are more details:
Title: No More Deaths: Vision Zero and Maryland’s Mission for Roadway Safety
Description: From Mountain Maryland to the Eastern Shore, from expressways to comfortable conduits, safety on our roadways is essential to connecting all Marylanders to recreational and economic opportunities. Join our panelists to learn about the statewide effort to improve roadway safety with a goal of reaching zero vehicle-related deaths or serious injuries on the roadway by the year 2030. Explore how to make traffic safety an essential piece of your annual planning by developing local Strategic Highway Safety Plans and hear more about the tools available to complete this process.
- Christine Nizer, Administrator, Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administrator
- Bala Akundi, Principal Transportation Engineer, Baltimore Metropolitan Council
- Monique Anderson-Walker, Council Member, Prince George’s County
- Scott Flanigan, Director, Department of Public Works, Cecil County
Participating Moderator: The Honorable Julie Palakovich-Carr, Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Thursday, December 5, 2019; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Attendee Registration
- Hotel Rates
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Online Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- See what it’s like!