The Local Government Insurance Trust (LGIT) is sponsoring a new program allowing your county to offer comprehensive Post-65 retiree healthcare benefits and services to your future retirees.
Highlights of the program for future retirees:
- Provides a concierge level services so future retirees can understand their healthcare options once they reach age 65
- Provides access to Medicare Benefit Specialist to help retirees understand Medicare and supplemental plan options
- Offers retirees comprehensive plan options, not available to them in the individual marketplace
- Experience Benefit Specialist can assist retirees to find the right plan to fit their personal needs
Highlights of the program for Maryland Local Governments:
- No cost to employer – Plan can be offered on a voluntary basis
- No administrative burden – AmWINS handles all administration of the program
- No Financial Liability
2020 Open Enrollment will be here before you know it:
- For 2020 coverage, Open Enrollment will run from October 15th to December 7th
- If you would like to offer this Voluntary Retiree Benefit to your current and future retirees, AmWINS representatives will be able to assist you in setting up this program
LGIT/AmWINS is looking forward to helping future retirees gain access to comprehensive retiree healthcare benefits, including: medical, prescription drug, dental and vision.
If you have any questions or would like to set up this program, please contact Michele Keplinger at: 443-561-1700 or e-mail: MicheleK@lgit.org.