A handful of housing authorities in Western Maryland received funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Public Housing Capital Fund to modernize and improve public housing.
The Cumberland Times-News reports that U.S. Senators Ben Cardin and Chris Van Hollen announced funding for the following communities:
• Housing Authority of the City of Cumberland, $867,781.
• Housing Authority of the City of Frostburg, $174,638.
• Housing Authority of Allegany County, $152,795.
• Frederick Housing Authority, $824,403.
• Hagerstown Housing Authority, $2,410,230.
Read The Cumberland Times-News for more information.