Registration is open for NACo’s Annual Legislative Conference, March 2-6, 2019 in Washington DC.
- Leading Local Efforts to Reach Young Children
- Addressing Ongoing and Emerging Threats Due to Adverse Weather Patterns
- Creating an Ethical Culture
- Creative Counties Forum
- CIO Forum
Selected Educational Session Topics
- Backstage Pass: Behind the Scenes of Congressional Decision Making
- Get Your Money in the New Economy: Collections via Online Sales Tax and Tax Refund Intercept
- How Evolving Cash Bail Policy Could Impact Your County
- Understanding FEMA’s New Policy Guidelines Before Disasters Hit
- Making Sense of New Federal Funding Tools: Opportunity Zones and Pay for Success
- Reimagining County Behavioral Health Crisis Response Systems and Policies
- Upcoming Supreme Court Cases Hold Consequences for Counties
- Repaving the Federal Permitting Process
- The Honorable Ben Carson, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- The Honorable Joni Ernst, Iowa Senator, the first woman to serve in federal office from Iowa
- Steve Case, Entrepreneur and Author of The Third Wave: An Entrepreneur’s Vision of the Future
NACo’s 2019 Policy Priorities
- Promote County Infrastructure Priorities in a Comprehensive Infrastructure Package
- Promote Mental Health, Treatment for Substance Use Disorders and Criminal Justice Reform
- Boost Broadband Deployment and Accessibility While Preserving Local Zoning Authority
- Support the Payments in Lieu of Taxes (PILT) and Secure Rural Schools (SRS) Programs
- Support Implementation of the Farm Bill
- Establish a More Effective Definition of “Waters of the U.S.”
- Promote Economic Mobility and Opportunity Across All Counties
To participate in NACo year round attend the NACo Legislative Conference, or NACo Annual Conference, or join a steering committee. Steering Committee meetings are held by teleconference.
For more information about Steering Committees, see Serve Counties Across the Country with the NACo Steering Committees.
For more information about the NACo Legislative Conference, see NACo 2019 Legislative Conference.