It is that time of year to start preparing for FY19. Part of county membership in NACo is the ability to participate in their steering committees, caucuses, and other committees as members or as leaders. Those committees participate in federal issues concerning counties across the country. The upcoming FY19 term begins in August 2018 and ends in July 2019.
NACo Steering Committee Membership
All Maryland county professionals and elected officials qualify to participate in a NACo Steering Committee because all Maryland counties are members of NACo.
- Agriculture & Rural Affairs
- Community, Economic & Workforce Development
- Environment, Energy & Land Use
- Finance & Intergovernmental Affairs
- Human Services & Education
- Justice & Public Safety
- Public Lands
- Telecommunications & Technology
Steps for applying:
- Fill out the NACo Steering Committee Nomination Form
- Email the form to MACo appointment liaison, Nicolette Querry by June 30, 2018
- Wait for NACo’s response and further instructions for participating
NACo Committee Presidential Appointments
Members of steering committees may apply for leadership positions: Chair, Vice Chair, Sub-committee Chair, and Sub-Committee Vice Chair. They may also apply for Chair, Vice Chair, or Member of the Large Urban County Caucus or Rural Action Caucus. Additional application options: At-large Director, Standing Committees, and Ad Hoc Committees.
- Finance Committee
- Programs and Services
- Information Technology
- – GIS Subcommittee
Ad Hoc Committees:
- Arts and Culture Commission
- Resilient Counties Advisory Board
- Healthy Counties Initiative Advisory Board
- Immigration Reform Task Force
- International Economic Development Task Force
- Veterans and Military Services Committee
Steps for applying:
- Fill out NACo’s online application form
- Wait for NACo’s response and further instructions for participation
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
Contact Nicolette Querry