MACo’s Winter Conference on January 2-4, 2019 offers “something for everyone” with topics in every area of county service – emergency response being a subject that spans all counties from large to small, rural to urban, this is a session not to be missed!
Too Big To Fail: Pulling Together for Emergency Response
- Description: A major disaster can quickly overwhelm your county’s local response capabilities – triggering the need to ask for help from neighboring counties and the State. If that happens, the stakes will be high and lives may be on the line, so it is crucial to have a mutual aid plan in place before disaster strikes. In this session, learn how your county can get help and deliver help when it’s needed. Speakers will discuss the pre-planning you can do now to ensure an effective and efficient disaster response and will share information about the State’s network of mutual aid agreements designed to protect in times of regional and statewide emergencies.
- Russell J. Strickland, Executive Director, MD Emergency Management Agency
- Kevin Aftung, Director of Emergency Management, Anne Arundel County
- Valerie Hawkins, Emergency Management Assistant Coordinator, Carroll County Department of Public Safety, Emergency Management
- Maggie Davis, JD, MA, Senior Law & Policy Analyst, Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Moderator: The Honorable JB Jennings, Maryland State Senate
- Date/Time: Thursday, January 3, 2019; 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
The conference will also host two General Sessions, one of which is entitled “The Lifesaving Power of Public Safety Partnerships,” on January 3 at 9:00 am.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Attendee Registration
- Hotel Rates
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Online Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- See what it’s like!