Join 600+ decision-makers and influencers from all across Maryland’s public and private sectors as they discuss what’s next for Maryland. On the heels of an election, this conference is the first opportunity to meet new leaders and develop goals and strategies around issues important to county governments.
MACo’s Newly Elected Officials Orientation on January 2 will help new county officials hit the ground running with in-depth foundational learning about county governance.
Returning officials and staff can attend deep-dive sessions on ongoing policy topics. Conference sessions will cover county services ranging from overviews to deeply strategic. Start this term with MACo’s Winter Conference – all the info, all the people, all in one place.
Newly Elected Officials Orientation:
- Local Government Structure
- The County Elected Official’s Role in the Legislature
- Mentoring Roundtable: What to Expect as a Newly Elected Official
- Local Government Budgeting
- Foundations for Local Leadership
Returning Officials Roundtable Series:
- A Chat with the Smart Growth Subcabinet
- We’re Here to Help: Technical Assistance for the Bay TMDL and MS4 Permits
- Keeping Up With Kirwan – What’s New and What’s Next?
- 2019 Maryland Economic Forecast
- 2019 General Assembly Forecast
- The Lifesaving Power of Public Safety Partnerships
- The County Official’s Guide to Lobbying in Annapolis
- “Stayin’ Alive” – Learn to Save a Life with Naloxone Training for Opioid Overdoses and Hands-Only CPR
- MACo Book Club & Author Interview: City on the Line: How Baltimore Transformed Its Budget to Beat the Great Recession and Deliver Outcomes
- Are We There Yet? How New Technology is Driving Government Policy
- Constituents in Crisis? Human Services to the Rescue!
- Dollars & Sense: Building a Capital Budget
- Hold That Tweet! Mastering the Art of 21st Century Communication
- Legislation, Litigation & Legitimacy: Key Legal Issues For the 2019 Session
- More Than a TV Show: The Real Issues of “Parks and Recreation”
- Protecting the Public’s Health: Weeds to Wells to Wellness
- Too Big To Fail: Pulling Together for Emergency Response
- Trash Backlash: Will Going Green Put Us in the Red?
- When Green Leads to Gray: Workplace Standards in the Cannabis Era
- Who’s Falling Through the Cracks? Gaps in Behavioral Health Services
The Registration Brochure with the full schedule, titles, and descriptions will be available soon.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Attendee Registration Rates (pdf)
- Attendee Online Registration
- Hotel Discounted Rates (pdf)
- Hotel Online Reservations
- MACo County Champion Awards Nominations (due tomorrow – Oct 19!)