Recent events have reminded not only emergency managers, but all of us, that devastating weather events can strike at any time – and that comprehensive planning is essential for a quick and efficient response. From ruptured water mains to natural floods, no county is immune from water-related emergencies. At this year’s annual MACo Summer Conference, learn how Maryland counties are collaborating with industry professionals to ensure that comprehensive crisis management plans are in place to address these emergencies quickly and efficiently.
Batten Down the Hatches! Weathering a Water Crisis
No county is immune from water-related emergencies. From ruptured water mains to natural floods, counties must work with local water agencies to ensure that comprehensive crisis management plans are in place to address emergencies quickly and efficiently. Using real-life experiences and case studies, this session will cover various aspects of crisis management, including preparing and rehearsing a crisis response plan, creating and maintaining communications with media and residents, and a discussion of best practices from industry professionals and leaders in local government.
- Mark R. Weaver, Esq., Communications Counsel, Inc.
- Ellen Coren, President & CEO, Chesapeake Public Strategies
- David McDonough, WSSC Division Manager, Police and Homeland Security
- Art Shapiro, Howard County Department of Public Works, Bureau of Utilities Chief, and Chair of the Maryland Wastewater Agency Response Network
Moderator: To Be Determined
Date & Time: Thursday, August 16, 2018; 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
The MACo Summer Conference will be held August 15-18, 2018 at the Rowland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, Maryland. This year the conference’s theme is “Water, Water Everywhere.”
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Exhibitor Online Registration
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org