MACo’s Winter Conference is only 5 weeks away, December 6-8, 2017. Join more than 500 local government officials and decision-makers, legislators, state and federal officials, and commercial representatives for the PREMIERE policy-planning event heading into the 2018 Maryland General Assembly Session.
By popular demand, we’ve added EVEN MORE CONTENT to Wednesday of MACo’s Winter Conference – you don’t want to miss this!
REGISTER TODAY! (early registration rates end on November 6!)
1. SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION FUNDING ROUNDTABLE
All registered conference participants are invited to this roundtable event to hear an update on the latest round of school funding debates in Maryland and talk about the potential recommendations, which are likely to affect all of Maryland’s twenty-four jurisdictions. More details (Wednesday, December 6; noon – 1:00 pm).
2. ACTIVE SHOOTER DEFENSE TRAINING
Active shooter situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly. One of our most requested trainings, this deep-dive session will feature a public safety expert who will share the best way to prepare for the worst-case scenario with take-away lessons in safety for all attendees (Wednesday, December 6; 10:00 am – 11:30 am).
3. AFFILIATE WORKSHOP SESSIONS
They’re not just for Thursday anymore! We’re now offering TWO BLOCKS of educational workshops on Wednesday afternoon from 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm and from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Don’t miss them:
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm:
- Eye of the Storm: Preparations & Partnerships (Hosted by: MACo’s Administrators & Emergency Managers Affiliates)
- Buying Into Your Buyers: How to Save Money, Stay Out of Trouble, and Keep Your Procurement Officer Happy (Hosted by: County Procurement Officers)
- Broadband Throughout the Land (Hosted by: MACo’s Information Technology Directors Affiliate)
- From the Bench: A Federal and State Legal Update (Hosted by: MACo’s Attorneys Affiliate)
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm:
- “What Is Emergency Management?”…and Other Mysteries Revealed (Hosted by: MACo’s Emergency Managers Affiliate)
- H2H: Building the Bridge from Hospitals to Homes (Hosted by: MACo’s Aging Affiliate)
- Password Protected: Cybersecurity and Your County (Hosted by: MACo’s Information Technology Directors Affiliate)
- Rising Tides: Charting Maryland’s New Climate Change Path (Hosted by: MACo’s Planners Affiliate)
- Pitching and Patching Public Pensions (Hosted by: MACo’s Human Resources Affiliate)
4. ACADEMY FOR EXCELLENCE COURSES
2 Academy for Excellence Core Courses are being offered on Wednesday: Basics of Risk Management (1:00 pm – 2:30 pm) and Consensus & Teambuilding (3:00 pm – 5:00 pm). 1 Course is being offered on Friday: Public Information Act (8:00 am – 9:30 am). All registered participants can attend, only Academy Fellows receive Academy credit. Read more about these Academy courses
5. NALOXONE CERTIFICATION
Become certified to administer the life-saving opioid overdose treatment Naloxone with this course on December 6 from 4:15 pm – 5:15 pm. Bonus: You’ll also learn how to do hands-only CPR!
By popular demand, we expanded our exhibit hall to over 50 booths. These vendors will present cost-saving products and services for all levels of government and the private sector. Booths are filling up quickly, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Learn more about MACo’s 2017 Winter Conference:
- REGISTRATION BROCHURE
- Online Attendee Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Online Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsor Brochure
- Hotel Reservations
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? email@example.com